The Academy is a full service, non-request training clinic staffed with junior stylists having a minimum 350 hours of skill training. Junior Academy stylists work under the supervision of Senior Instructors. The Academy Salon services clients on a first come first serve basis. Featured product lines include Goldwell, KMS, China Glaze, Cuccio and Murad.Only cash and checks (with the proper ID) are accepted.
|Tuesday||10:00-3:00 / 6:30-8:30|
|Thursday||10:00-3:00 / 6:30-8:30|
|Saturday||9:00 – 3:00|
|Sun. & Mon.||Closed|
Students must successfully complete 350 hours of Core training, pass a practical assessment exam, mentor under a senior student and complete floor orientation prior to earning a chair on the training salon floor. The Academy clinic floor is managed by two senior instructors at all times. These instructors assist students with client and mannequin activities through explanation, demonstration and technical evaluation. The Academy clinic is a full-service training floor. No appointments or requests are taken. Client tickets are distributed equally, giving every student equal opportunity to complete a wide variety of services. Student performance is recorded daily for each successfully completed client or mannequin service.
Clients are welcome on a walk-in basis. Students on the Academy training floor have a minimum 350 hours experience and have successfully passed the basic skill assessment test required to work on clients. Two senior instructors monitor the floor at all times and assist the students with clients as needed. Robert Paul Academy is a GOLDWELL color school. KMS products are our featured wet and styling lines. The following is a list of clinic guidelines for our clients:
- 1) All clients must sign-in for service at the reception desk.
- 2)All clients must sign-in for service at the reception desk.
- 3)All work is performed by students under the supervision of licensed instructors.
- 4)Adults and children not receiving a service must remain in the reception area.
- 5)Clients under 15 years of age must have an adult present to receive an on scalp chemical service.
- 6)First time color clients must have a 24 hour reaction test prior to the service.
- 8)The academy only accepts cash or md state issued checks with a md drivers license having the same address as is printed on the check. Out of state checks or in state checks with an out of state license are not accepted.
- 9)Credit cards are not accepted for clinic services.
- 10)A phone number and drivers license information must be written on the check.
- 11)Check payments can be written only for the service amount. Tips can not be included.
- 12)A $35.00 returned check fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- 13)The academy is a smoke free establishment. Smoking is not permitted inside or outside the building.
- 14)No food or drink is allowed beyond the reception area.
- 15)Only products supplied by the academy are permitted for use on clients.
- 16)Chemical services must be checked-in by 2:00 during the week and by 1:30 on saturdays.
- 17) The academy does not accept student requests with the exception of family members or friends.
- 18)Student operators may be substituted during the service to accommodate student class schedule.
- 19)All service questions should be directed to academy floor instructors or the director.
- 20)Prices are listed at the front desk.
- 21)The academy is not responsible for lost items.
- 22)Retail purchases require a cash payment.